Parking at San Bernardino

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan O

Conductor
Hello,

I am about an hour by car from San Bernardino and have never thought of it as that safe of a place. The Metrolink and Amtrak stations are not in the best area of town. That given, does anyone who knows the area better have any idea how safe it would be to park a car there overnight for 3-4 nights? I have gone to LA on Metrolink and left my car there and it was still there when I got back but have never done it overnight or for 3-4 nights. Is there anyone out there that knows if the parking lot is well lit at night, patrolled, etc?

Thanks,

Dan

I think it's a crew change location, on a busy main line, so it should have BNSF employees in the area at almost all hours.

If that is any indication it should be safe.

I had the same question a few years ago. My companion and I scouted the area around the SB station and actually could not find a close lot that even allowed overnight parking! I called the Amtrak 800# and was fortunate to reach someone who know the area and the situation. She said, "board in Riverside" which we did and it worked out OK.

Thanks. I do know that station in Riverside and it does seem to have a much busier parking lot and in a better section of town. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back