Parking Cary NC

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bronzeman

Train Attendant
We’ll be taking 91/92 roundtrip to Orlando from Cary at the end of April. We’ll be gone from Saturday to the following Friday. The Amtrak website says that CYN has free long term parking available. Is that correct? Is it reasonable to expect to find a space? Is it safe?

Yes, there is free long term parking and you do not need to get a parking pass from the agent. In April you should have no problem finding a spot. The only time parking gets really tight is at Thanksgiving. And finally, yes, it is safe and well lit. Enjoy your trip.

jb
Cary, NC

No problem. You can take a taxi, or even a Triangle Transit (now called GoTriangle) bus back to the Cary station. If you do that, you'll need to take a bus from the airport to the Regional Transit Center and then another bus to the Cary train station. See here for the buses.
jb

I too plan to do a one-way trip, flying out and returning by train to Cary. Will I be able to leave my car at the train station (then Uber to rdu from there) so my car is there for me in Cary when I return if I don't have a round trip ticket?

I too plan to do a one-way trip, flying out and returning by train to Cary. Will I be able to leave my car at the train station (then Uber to rdu from there) so my car is there for me in Cary when I return if I don't have a round trip ticket?
Yes. There is no checking to see if you have a round trip ticket. Just park your car and leave it.
One note: We came back late one evening and there are trees around so it was pretty dark near our car which was parked away from the building. We had no problems but you might think about that when parking if you might be coming back in the evening.

This brings up a point. We've done numerous plane out; train return trips and park at a train station (free) instead of the airport. Used Uber to go from station to airport.

Back