Parking Wilson NC

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amtrak_Carolinian_2020

Train Attendant
I am about to book a round trip from NC to NY on 79/80 leaving two weeks from today. I am planning on going out of Wilson, NC. How is parking availability at Wilson? Should Wilson be fine or should I consider Raleigh, Selma, or Rocky Mount?

I am about to book a round trip from NC to NY on 79/80 leaving two weeks from today. I am planning on going out of Wilson, NC. How is parking availability at Wilson? Should Wilson be fine or should I consider Raleigh, Selma, or Rocky Mount?
If people here don't know, call the city or the CofC. I got excellent help when I called the town of Hinton, WV because I knew Amtrak had a VERY small parking lot and we had to be sure to have a place to park for our 17 day trip.

The person I talked to mentioned there was even less parking now (that was in May for June travel, now delayed to October) than usual because of construction work. He said I could park at the city-owned waterpark just 2 blocks away if I could not find a station spot. He also told me overnight for weeks was not a problem even in summer because it was a big lot and the city police provided security with regular patrols.

I had previously posted in local Tripadvisor forum and got zero response but you can try that too.

Years ago, we were taking Amtrak out of Jessup, GA and I called the Jessup police asking about safety for ourselves because of the hour and car security during our trip. They said it was safe and their station is nearby and they would check periodically for us. Small town friendliness.

On a driving trip, we were going from NC to Detroit and son from Alabama was going to meet us halfway, park his car, and ride with us. I called a local church somewhere along I-75 and they said we could park in their lot as long as I understood they were not responsible (not a problem) and that I would leave my name, address and phone with the church secretary. Another no-problem.

Back