"Pay as you Stay" rooms... do they pay the website bonus per d

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roger

Train Attendant
Just booked a hotel on Priceline, from the Amtrak Rewards credit card website portal ($4 for every $1 spent). But it's a "Pay as you Stay" room, meaning they don't charge me until I'm there and give them my credit card. Will I lose out on the 4/1 bonus offered by the Guest Rewards website?

your inquiry reminded me that I had yet to receive points for a room I booked on Priceline thru AGR and I opted for the pay when you stay option because I was arriving by train. I sent an inquiry to AGR with the specifics and I will post back when I receive a response.

Reason for edit: it keeps losing half of my message!

Last edited by a moderator:
jb64 said:
1341951976[/url]' post='379282']Reason for edit: it keeps losing half of my message!
You are not the only one it happens! It also happens many times to me!
ohmy.gif

Well, Amtrak Rewards told me to contact Priceline about this, and Priceline replied that I needed to contact Amtrak Rewards about this. Sigh.

And I didn't get mine, they claimed they have no record that I clicked the portal and I don't have anything that proved that I did. So, no points for me. Generally, I don't have a problem getting my points for Priceline so I think the Pay as you stay maybe fouled it up.

I use priceline all the time through the AGR portal both by bidding and paying the stated rate for hotel rooms, I have never used the pay as you stay option though. My points have always posted in a timely manner, on our last stay my points were taking longer to post than usual, so I tried contacting PL. They responded by telling me I would have to contact the hotel to get my points to post :huh: I responded back and told them the hotel had nothing to do with either AGR or PL. They responded back with some other crazy crap telling me what other hoops I needed to jump through but asw far asw getting points from them, it was out of their hands. I realised it hadn't been the 6 to 8 weeks it states to wait for points to post, so I decided to wait. A few days later my points posted -_- . I think PL customer service people I contacted had no idea that they were even partnered with Amtrak. I guess that makles their customer service as good as Amtraks when it comes to actually being able to "knowledgably"help the customer. I have gotten many thousand points through PL/AGR and I have never had to wait "months" for them to post.

Back