Paying balance at Quik-Trak machine?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cho Cho Charlie

Engineer
I had to change my travel plans, and with that, cancel my original reservation and make a new one. My new reservations ended up costing me an additional $13.50. The agent told me I could just pay the $13.50 at the station on my day of travel.

In thinking about this after I got off the phone, I don't know if I really want to stand in a long, slow moving line, just to pay that $13.50.

Can I go up to a Quik-Trak machine, have it scan my new reservation's bar code, and pay the $13.50 by credit card right there?

I have used the Quik-Trak machines many times over the years, but always with a full paid reservation.

Never attempted this either. Safest bet is to call Amtrak and pay an hour or two before departure.

Once etickets and evouchers are fully implemented, I suspect we'll be able to make partial payments by smartphone app and station kiosk.

Be sure you arrive in plenty of time just in case you have to stand in that long, slow line to ticket. Quik-Trak machines can get a little finnicky if reservations aren't straightforward.

You can, at least I did on Thrusday on a reservation that was fully 'held' with no money down on it. Getting on at Kewanee later on this trip which is unstaffed and when I made my reservations in June the tickets still hadn't been sent last week so the agent refunded my money and put a hold on it. I paid again when I picked up my tickets took a few more screens and I had to say yes to a recipet just to see what that looked like, a third ticket not valid for travel with my transaction record poped out.

When you pick up a fully paid ticket it always says amount owed $0.00, you'll see $13.50 I bet and it will ask you to confirm to charge your credit card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back