PDX Metropolitan Lounge

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

Dakota 400

Conductor
Oh Gosh railiner! This is my favorite song. Thank you for igniting memories! I got two other favs... City of New Orleans has so many versions I had a hard time figuring which one to post... but you gotta Arlo Guthrie... this has a great mix of the singer, restored and original shots. DO ENJOY!

Arlo's is the best. I never had the opportunity to ride that train. I regret that.

Chey

Lead Service Attendant
AU Supporter
Arlo's is the best. I never had the opportunity to ride that train. I regret that.
Me either. I had it booked a couple of years ago but cancelled when I had a family emergency. I have to admit the song has something to do with me wanting to ride the CONO, in spite of the fact that many here have had mixed reviews of it.

BTW I found a train song I really like from an unexpected source - Pat Metheny, I think it's called 'Last Train Home' - has a very western sound to it.

20th Century Rider

Service Attendant
Me either. I had it booked a couple of years ago but cancelled when I had a family emergency. I have to admit the song has something to do with me wanting to ride the CONO, in spite of the fact that many here have had mixed reviews of it.

BTW I found a train song I really like from an unexpected source - Pat Metheny, I think it's called 'Last Train Home' - has a very western sound to it.
Yes... really haunting and sad melody... kind-a like someone is being taken home for the final rest [?] ... the footage is from many different places... but when combined with the music your nostalgic thoughts start rambling. A piece to be enjoyed again and again.

Bob Dylan

Conductor
Everytime I've visited the PDX Lounge I was able to leave my Bags in a Walk in Closet close to the Front Door.

Has this been removed?( haven't been there since the Portland Gathering in 2017)