Pennsylvanian Business Class

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oreius

OBS Chief
In just 5 days, I’ll be on #42 going from Elizabethtown to PHL. I’ll be in Business Class. Where is the BC car on the train? I’ve taken the Pennsylvanian from NYP to ELT in the past. Business class would be on the front going to Philadelphia, but in the rear due to the reverse move. Also, is there space to stow suitcases? I’ll have a carry-on plus a large suitcase.

Okay. So, I should probably wait near the steps (center) and then walk to the car. I guess I’ll be hearing all the tooting. I know Keystones have 5 coaches—in my past experience the Pennsylvanian has 6 cars.

I know it doesn't apply to this traveler since ELT does not have checked bag, but where did they stick the baggage car when they added it.

Funny I was going to ask this before, and forgot to hit "post reply" and I see it is answered in the previous post

I know it doesn't apply to this traveler since ELT does not have checked bag, but where did they stick the baggage car when they added it.

Funny I was going to ask this before, and forgot to hit "post reply" and I see it is answered in the previous post

The baggage car is next to business class. So it's between the engine and business class west of PHL and on the end of the train east of PHL.

What is the setup for BC? What do I expect onboard? Leather seats, no seat mate due to COVID?

They run a wye in Pittsburgh at the end of the trip so if it is on the front going from PHL-PGH-PHL. Then rear PHL-NYS-PHL.

The one time I have been on the Pennsylvanian in the last year business class was on the front PHL-PGH-PHL.

Back