Quantcast

Pennsylvanian Question

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

Oreius

Lead Service Attendant
Less than 48 hours until my big trip! Does the Pennsylvanian from Pittsburgh run late frequently? The reason I’m asking is I’m scheduled to depart ELT at 1:18 PM and arrive around 3:00. The Meteor leaves at 4:54. Amtrak only is running half the Keystones at this time. I have a Business Class seat paid for with cash. Do you think I should book an earlier train?

Oreius

Lead Service Attendant
I just read the local news. Major derailment near Newport, PA. #42 was cancelled today!

PaTrainFan

Service Attendant
Historically speaking you should be ok. Like any train on that uses NS you need to be wary but my experience is that it doesn't often run terribly late. Of course today it was cancelled, so stay tuned.

crescent-zephyr

Conductor
I wouldn’t take that chance... I would grab a keystone train for sure.

You have a sleeper correct? Just more time to relax in the lounge and not have to worry about missing your train.

Oreius

Lead Service Attendant
To play it safe, I cancelled my reservation for #42–I got the full refund since it was business class and paid with cash. I booked a seat on the #650 Keystone which leaves an hour earlier. I want to be sure I get to PHL.

crescent-zephyr

Conductor
To play it safe, I cancelled my reservation for #42–I got the full refund since it was business class and paid with cash. I booked a seat on the #650 Keystone which leaves an hour earlier. I want to be sure I get to PHL.
Good call! Even if everything went fine it’s miserable starting off a fun trip being stressed about a connection. Have fun!

Oreius

Lead Service Attendant
That’s what I thought. Yes, I have a Bedroom on the Meteor, so I can relax in ClubAcela. I’m more comfortable with the Keystones anyway; I know where to stow my luggage and all I need is a seat.

Barb Stout

OBS Chief
Less than 48 hours until my big trip! Does the Pennsylvanian from Pittsburgh run late frequently? The reason I’m asking is I’m scheduled to depart ELT at 1:18 PM and arrive around 3:00. The Meteor leaves at 4:54. Amtrak only is running half the Keystones at this time. I have a Business Class seat paid for with cash. Do you think I should book an earlier train?
What do you mean you paid with cash? There is another thread going about how Amtrak doesn't accept cash payments.

Oreius

Lead Service Attendant
I was smart to book 650 and cancel 42. 42 was about an hour late getting into Philadelphia yesterday. Even today, it was 15 minutes late—over 30 minutes late coming to Elizabethtown. I’m doing the same for my September trip.

Acela150

Conductor
I was smart to book 650 and cancel 42. 42 was about an hour late getting into Philadelphia yesterday. Even today, it was 15 minutes late—over 30 minutes late coming to Elizabethtown. I’m doing the same for my September trip.
There was a derailment west of Harrisburg a few days ago and NS is still recovering from that. Hence the delay on 42 today.