Pennsylvanian Question

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oreius

OBS Chief
Less than 48 hours until my big trip! Does the Pennsylvanian from Pittsburgh run late frequently? The reason I’m asking is I’m scheduled to depart ELT at 1:18 PM and arrive around 3:00. The Meteor leaves at 4:54. Amtrak only is running half the Keystones at this time. I have a Business Class seat paid for with cash. Do you think I should book an earlier train?

I just read the local news. Major derailment near Newport, PA. #42 was cancelled today!

I wouldn’t take that chance... I would grab a keystone train for sure.

You have a sleeper correct? Just more time to relax in the lounge and not have to worry about missing your train.

To play it safe, I cancelled my reservation for #42–I got the full refund since it was business class and paid with cash. I booked a seat on the #650 Keystone which leaves an hour earlier. I want to be sure I get to PHL.

To play it safe, I cancelled my reservation for #42–I got the full refund since it was business class and paid with cash. I booked a seat on the #650 Keystone which leaves an hour earlier. I want to be sure I get to PHL.

Good call! Even if everything went fine it’s miserable starting off a fun trip being stressed about a connection. Have fun!

That’s what I thought. Yes, I have a Bedroom on the Meteor, so I can relax in ClubAcela. I’m more comfortable with the Keystones anyway; I know where to stow my luggage and all I need is a seat.

Less than 48 hours until my big trip! Does the Pennsylvanian from Pittsburgh run late frequently? The reason I’m asking is I’m scheduled to depart ELT at 1:18 PM and arrive around 3:00. The Meteor leaves at 4:54. Amtrak only is running half the Keystones at this time. I have a Business Class seat paid for with cash. Do you think I should book an earlier train?
What do you mean you paid with cash? There is another thread going about how Amtrak doesn't accept cash payments.

I was smart to book 650 and cancel 42. 42 was about an hour late getting into Philadelphia yesterday. Even today, it was 15 minutes late—over 30 minutes late coming to Elizabethtown. I’m doing the same for my September trip.

I was smart to book 650 and cancel 42. 42 was about an hour late getting into Philadelphia yesterday. Even today, it was 15 minutes late—over 30 minutes late coming to Elizabethtown. I’m doing the same for my September trip.

There was a derailment west of Harrisburg a few days ago and NS is still recovering from that. Hence the delay on 42 today.

Back