Petersburg Va station

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FLtoNC

Train Attendant
We picked up our daughter & granddaughter who traveled from NYP on #91 at the Petersburg, VA station on 07/22. It was our first time at that station as we live between two... Rocky Mt. NC and Petersburg, VA. So we drove one hour north instead of 45 minutes south to see them sooner.

My comment is about the friendly station manager at Petersburg. He came out to where we were sitting, waiting (we were early the train was actually running on time!!!) and showed us historic pictures of that station and also the ones nearby that have closed. He was a wealth of information. The station is having repairs done to the roof and we wondered if they would close the station instead of spending money on renovations. You could tell he loved his job and his company.

I wrote Amtrak an email, unfortunately I didn't get his name in the excitement of the train coming in on time and with my girls onboard! haha

It's a small station but I think these stations between large cities are so important.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back