Points For Completing Survey

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ditto for me Cliff!

I'll settle for a TE/SL/CS/EB/CONO/Crescent/SM trip from AUS-MIA in a Roomette! I'm not Greedy!
What a nasty person you are! Here, I offered to help him out for HIS BENEFIT not for a moment thinking about myself and did it just because it is always better to be the Good Samaritan. On the other hand you want to take something from him rather than to give. How can you be so low? :giggle: :giggle: :giggle:

It took more than a few survey attempts, but I finally was able to complete a survey to get the 500 AGR points. I kept getting told I was not eligible or did not qualify for completing the survey after answering the initial questions. The survey that I completed was for an advertising campaign by Medstar Georgetown Transplant Institute for their kidney transplant program (as in Georgetown University Hospital in DC). I don't nor does anyone in my family needs a kidney transplant, but guess they were looking for responses from people in the DC area on their ad campaign to get people to select Medstar for kidney transplants.

Anyway, I ended up answering a lot of survey questions providing info about me to get the 500 AGR points. Not sure it was worth it, but 500 AGR points could come in handy.

I got the 500 points taking the initial survey and 30 or 40 for a few more. The last week or so I've gotten 5 points for each failed attempt. The points post immediately. If you have the time, it is a very slow process to get points,but it;s something. With the 100 point minimum gone, this is an alternative and it doesn't cost anything.

Speaking of points and AGR 2.0 I was in Chicago for a couple of days last week and got the urge for a short trip just to ride. Chicago to Joliet was the cheapest I cold find $11.04 R/T. Up until January 23rd that trip would have earned me 250 points. Just checked my statement. Now this trip garnered me 28 points.

I got the 500 points taking the initial survey and 30 or 40 for a few more. The last week or so I've gotten 5 points for each failed attempt. The points post immediately. If you have the time, it is a very slow process to get points,but it;s something. With the 100 point minimum gone, this is an alternative and it doesn't cost anything.
I'd agree with this. If you have a lot of extra time on your hands (like I do) it's well worth it. I've qualified for over 25 surveys and earned nearly 1,200 points. Very few have the time to do this however, and finding a survey to quality for can be quite frustrating at times. I find it more rewarding than points for shopping or purchasing points because of the fact it's free. However, it's not everyone's cup of tea....and even in my case, the novelty may wear off but not likely right away because I enjoy taking surveys when I get something in return.

I'm thinking of starting a new youtube channel that hands out loyalty points in exchange for releasing deeply personal information while dancing on camera. Any given panhandler on the side of the street would probably decline such a ridiculous offer, but I have a theory that points chasers suffer from a unique delusion that prevents them from properly analyzing basic value equations whenever points are involved. :wacko:

Last edited by a moderator:
All you have to do is simply "make-up" your answers. I've done this for years but in this survey they're getting better at "catching" conflicting answers, so you just have to remember what you answered before so you don't get "kicked-out" for conflicting answers.

I actually enjoy trying to deliberately trying to skew the surveys.................."Come the Revolution", :giggle: :giggle: :giggle:

All you have to do is simply "make-up" your answers. I've done this for years but in this survey they're getting better at "catching" conflicting answers, so you just have to remember what you answered before so you don't get "kicked-out" for conflicting answers.

I actually enjoy trying to deliberately trying to skew the surveys.................."Come the Revolution", :giggle: :giggle: :giggle:
I think people get "kicked-out" for speeding through the surveys while making up the answers. If you're too fast at answering they figure you're faking your opinion......even if you're not. They also throw in trick questions to make sure you're paying attention.

I happen to have a lot of time on my hands and I've been taking a survey or two every day. Not quite the same as "point runs" earning 250 points for a relatively short inexpensive round trip(I miss that 100 point minimum!),but if you have the patience and do pay attention to the questions you can rack up some decent points in a short time. Best part of all of this is the fact it is free.. 20 points here, maybe 40 points and 5 points if you don't qualify for a particular survey,but I figure they all add up and I'm sitting at home doing this. It will take a long time to accumulate enough points for a sleeper, but this is a nice alternative.

I happen to have a lot of time on my hands and I've been taking a survey or two every day. Not quite the same as "point runs" earning 250 points for a relatively short inexpensive round trip(I miss that 100 point minimum!),but if you have the patience and do pay attention to the questions you can rack up some decent points in a short time. Best part of all of this is the fact it is free.. 20 points here, maybe 40 points and 5 points if you don't qualify for a particular survey,but I figure they all add up and I'm sitting at home doing this. It will take a long time to accumulate enough points for a sleeper, but this is a nice alternative.
4,670 points earned, 134 surveys completed (about 75% rejection - most of which 5 points rewarded) since February 17.

joined points for surveys on 4-15-16 to date got 8595 in points very happy with the surveys.
I find that hard to believe. Even if you got the max 500 points to join and then received 5 points for each survey; you would have to had to complete 1619 surveys to get that many points. My gut instinct says stay away. Why give away your AGR member number to an unknown cyber entity?

joined points for surveys on 4-15-16 to date got 8595 in points very happy with the surveys.
I find that hard to believe. Even if you got the max 500 points to join and then received 5 points for each survey; you would have to had to complete 1619 surveys to get that many points. My gut instinct says stay away. Why give away your AGR member number to an unknown cyber entity?

If you complete a survey, you earn more than five points. I've earned 6,640 since February. It's been well worth it for me.

update u can earn 20 30 40 50 points for completing surveys its easy to do. to date now 9805. I look for surveys all day long on my phone some days I can do 7 or 8 surveys. this is a great way to build points.

I accumulated enough points taking those surveys to ride Coach from Chicago to LA. Since I traded in those points I've gotten more rejections(5 points) than not and I have really cut back. Today I was offered 60 points for a 45 minute survey. Very cumbersome, but I figured 60 points is 60 points. I was livid when after completing the survey a notice came up saying "this is not the right survey for you" and I got 5 points. Why couldn't they tell me this after the first few questions?. I shot off a nasty E Mail to them fully expecting the full points. This has happened a few other times. Very frustrating, to say the least.

I

I took the "45 minute survey" which took over an hour too complete. I also got the brush off notice after answering all the questions in good faith. I now consider this a scam operation . I unsubscribed and expressed my displeasure in the "sorry to see you go" follow up survey. I have not received a reply.

I took the "45 minute survey" which took over an hour too complete. I also got the brush off notice after answering all the questions in good faith. I now consider this a scam operation . I unsubscribed and expressed my displeasure in the "sorry to see you go" follow up survey. I have not received a reply.

If it's a scam operation as you put it, why have I earned nearly 7,000 AGR points since I signed up?

I can't speak for the two people who complained about being offered points for completing a survey and then did not get points for completing the survey, but "scam" seems like a loosely applicable term to me. Perhaps "grossly incompetent" would be more accurate, but scam works. I'm happy for you if you're happy with your results, but I'm convinced that it's not worth my time to sign up for surveys.

There appear to be arbitrary requirements for completing each survey. You are promised 500 points for completing a survey then you abruptly get a message that say " you don't qualify for this survey" or that "data for this category is full" This happened five times in a row. Too much time wasted for the 5 point consolation prize.

If it's a scam operation as you put it, why have I earned nearly 7,000 AGR points since I signed up?
If it works for you, great. I have taken and completed 6-7 surveys then been told I won't get the promised points because they have enough replies or I don't qualify. This is after they had all my answers for the survey not just qualifying questions.

iam with tim49424. this is not a scam. I built up 10430 points so far and keep building. good luck tim49424.

I don't think it's a scam either. After the 500 point introductory survey I got enough 20 to 40 point surveys to get me to 6000 points,enough for a Coach trip from Chicago to LA which I redeemed. Since then, I;ve been getting more "this is not he right survey for you" 5 points than actual points for taking the survey. My frustration was that after completing a survey that promised 60points and close to an hour completing it I got that 5 point consolation prize. This has happened to me a few other times,as well.

I think being over 65 and not of any ethnic group limits your eligibility. I'm wary of continuing with these surveys because of another chance of completing a survey and having that "this is not the right survey..." come up.. If this is a technical flaw in their operation, maybe somebody actually reads these posts and will respond and fix it.

I don't think it's a scam either. After the 500 point introductory survey I got enough 20 to 40 point surveys to get me to 6000 points,enough for a Coach trip from Chicago to LA which I redeemed. Since then, I;ve been getting more "this is not he right survey for you" 5 points than actual points for taking the survey. My frustration was that after completing a survey that promised 60points and close to an hour completing it I got that 5 point consolation prize. This has happened to me a few other times,as well.

I think being over 65 and not of any ethnic group limits your eligibility. I'm wary of continuing with these surveys because of another chance of completing a survey and having that "this is not the right survey..." come up.. If this is a technical flaw in their operation, maybe somebody actually reads these posts and will respond and fix it.
I am also over 65 and I believe that could be a disqualifying factor. Perhaps we could have a survey of ages too see the ages of those happy with the points for survey site and those who feel cheated out of points.

Back