Points For Completing Survey

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am 63 and have had mixed results with the surveys. I have not had the disappointing experience where I spent over 15 minutes completing a survey only to receive 5 points. There have been many times that I have received between 20 and 50 points (however, I have received 5 points more often than the greater number of points). I have not felt cheated, and I understand that my demographics are often not those sought in most of the surveys.

I have get 5 points also half the times but I also keeping trying and I have built up 10,480 point so far. I will be going to fla in march and will need 14,000 points for a one way ticket and if I get this it will be all free. I also use the boa credit cards and will have the points from that for the trip home.I do this trip once a year and I have never paid for a trip in a roomette.

I have get 5 points also half the times but I also keeping trying and I have built up 10,480 point so far. I will be going to fla in march and will need 14,000 points for a one way ticket and if I get this it will be all free. I also use the boa credit cards and will have the points from that for the trip home.I do this trip once a year and I have never paid for a trip in a roomette.
Unless you work for free the survey rewards are not free but a payment for your time. I finally successfully completed a survey today and got the 500 points. That survey took 45 minutes. I received something for my time so it was a good exchange.. Doing surveys is not a problem but if you do them and then get cut off midstream for 5 points that doesn't seem fair to me. The other thing is that you sometimes get cut off in the middle of the survey with a message "this is not the right survey for you". In summation the Survey Points Club can be good, but only if you can provide the information that they are looking for.

UPDATE: Message today: Sorry but there are no new surveys at this time

Last edited by a moderator:
I have done several. Seems like early on I got more of the 25-50 points awarded for completing a survey. Lately, mostly 5 points and sometimes after 5 or more minutes of answering questions. It almost seems that it might be better to answer questions so you won't get picked by the survey on the first page and collect your 5 points, if one could figure out how to do that. I don't bother w/ the 75 points for 30 minute survey. Too long IMO. Give me 20 points for 5 minutes because if you throw me out when it is over, I have only invested a few minutes of my time.

After trying this points for survey offer, I have not received an email invite for a survey in the past week. Either the surveys are filled to capacity or I don't give them the answers that they are looking for. Its a very erratic working service. Maybe time to move on. For those that have received 10,000 points just think that with a job you could probably earn more to buy the points easier and faster than you can to answer a .15- $1.50 survey. . I completed one survey that took 1 hour to receive 50 points; approximately a $1.60 value. Heck a janitor makes $10./hr and he can buy over 300 points with that!! We are working for the survey company for less than what a janitor works for!

I have earned about 500 points since July. My biggest thing would be time to complete. It always seems longer than they suggest. I have a lot of the 5 point ones, but also a number of 30, 40 & a 100 point survey.

I have earned about 500 points since July. My biggest thing would be time to complete. It always seems longer than they suggest. I have a lot of the 5 point ones, but also a number of 30, 40 & a 100 point survey.
Time is money and the questions that need to be asked are how much time are you devoting to filling out those surveys and is the reward just compensation for your time? Now if you have absolutely nothing to do with your time then I guess the surveys for points works for you but I earn $60 hr when I work and that buys 1666 points, The Survey gives you maybe $1.50 worth of points for 1 hour. IMO, its not a good deal.

I took the "45 minute survey" which took over an hour too complete. I also got the brush off notice after answering all the questions in good faith. I now consider this a scam operation . I unsubscribed and expressed my displeasure in the "sorry to see you go" follow up survey. I have not received a reply.
If it's a scam operation as you put it, why have I earned nearly 7,000 AGR points since I signed up?
If it works for you, great. I have taken and completed 6-7 surveys then been told I won't get the promised points because they have enough replies or I don't qualify. This is after they had all my answers for the survey not just qualifying questions.
I'm having a similar problem with points for survey. I have completed several long surveys and

when you get to the end of the survey it says that they have enough for that one and only gives me 5 points. While I don't consider it a scam, it's very annoying when you complete a very long one and you don't get the promised points. Most of the time they will give you the 5 points but it doesn't seem right.

I have that issue sometimes with another rewards program that I do surveys for (usually just one every couple months to keep the points from expiring.) When it happens I email the rewards survey center and they'll usually credit the points back. I do agree that the survey should not kick someone out at the end because they don't want to record the response or whatever reason they have, which is why I report when those instances happen.

I have concluded that unless you have absolutely nothing to do with your time the Survey Points club is just a complete waste of it. Tried it a couple of times just for giggles. You get halfway through the survey and then either you get a message "we have enough replies to this survey" or "this survey is not for you" All for maybe $1.00 worth of points or less. Right they are; their surveys are not for me. Go give the 13 cent consolation prize to someone else.

I have concluded that unless you have absolutely nothing to do with your time the Survey Points club is just a complete waste of it. Tried it a couple of times just for giggles. You get halfway through the survey and then either you get a message "we have enough replies to this survey" or "this survey is not for you" All for maybe $1.00 worth of points or less. Right they are; their surveys are not for me. Go give the 13 cent consolation prize to someone else.
Another reason that this is a scam is that you get an email saying complete a survey for 50 points in ten minutes and when you open the survey it says earn 30 points in 19 minutes. Their emails are false and misleading and you often get kicked out in the middle of the survey. I am done with this nonsense. It is a complete waste of my time.

I think that if the computer does not like your answers , it will say this survey is not right for you. I completed the survey about Wells Fargo bank and it appears that it didn't like my answers but when I had completed it says that this survey is not right for you. Keep in mind that I have a Wells Fargo account. It had a lot of leading questions which they wanted positive feelings about the bank after they got caught charging people for unwanted accounts. I think I was denied my points because I didn't say what they wanted me to say.

Email address I received this from looked suspicious to me. It also didn't match other survey companies that I have seen or used in past. I received this email several times - deleted it on all occassions.

Your choice to fill it out or not. Don't be surprised if something negative happens when you do.

I received emails in 2017 - I realize this is a 2016 thread - just a heads up to use caution - double check when these things come in.

As I said before its a complete waste of time. You are promised 50 points for a 10 minute survey, then when you open the link it says 30 points for a 20 minute survey that takes 35 minutes IF you don't end up getting kicked off midway with "This survey is not right for you" and get the 13 cents worth of points. So its right for them and not for you. Latest I hear is that they are now asking for personal information. Glad that I cut them off before they wanted to do this. This Survey Points Club not only a real cheap outfit, the payout is not fair for the time required.

is survey for points working I can not get the dashbards to work does any one have a number to call thanks

Trouble here as well.

I've earned a *ton* of points doing surveys (I aim for 30 points a day).

All of a sudden, I can't access my account, points aren't posting despite successful completion of survey.

default_angry.png
default_angry.png
default_angry.png

I wrote an email to the address provided and got a response. The support person asked me for a screenshot of what the problem was. Frankly, I’ve been a bit too busy to do so as of yet, so I’ll share later my results unless the problem resolves itself or somebody beats me to the punch.

Sent from my iPad using Amtrak Forum

I wrote an email to the address provided and got a response. The support person asked me for a screenshot of what the problem was. Frankly, Ive been a bit too busy to do so as of yet, so Ill share later my results unless the problem resolves itself or somebody beats me to the punch.
I emailed and was told to clear my cookies and cache. Which I did and tried to sign in multiple devices with the same issues requesting my rewards number. I called two days ago and left a message as all agents were busy. Same today. Kind of irritating as I am in the middle of two decent paying product studies I cant complete now. Not to mention, it would be nice to build back the points used over the holidays.

Sent from my iPad using Amtrak Forum

Back