Points Now Posting Date of Boarding, Not Date of Train's Departure

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SubwayNut

Conductor
Last week I took the Crescent home to NYP from Charlotte, the scheduled departure time is 1:45am. (It used to be). Normally the date for the date points post (which matters to those of us who get S+ by doing stopovers and adding extra segments to our trips, and never want to exceed 4 a day) was always the date that the train left its origin, not the date you actually boarded. This would mean funny things like dates of up to two days before (like taking the Empire Builder from MSP to CHI).

I was just checking that my points posted and much to my surprise Fridays date, the date I boarded the Crescent, not Thursday date, the date it originated in New Orleans was posted as the date of travel.

This switch would be relatively minor but I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed this in the past couple of months that when you board multi-day trains the date you board, not your origin date, is one one now posting. I took the Zephyr in April GSC-DEN and checked that trip's posting date and it was still the old system listing the date on my AGR record as the date the train left EMY, not the date I actually took my day-trip?

Back