Points that failed to post... more than 90 days ago

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chertling

Lead Service Attendant
I logged into my AGR account the other day for the first time in ages... and I noticed that there are a significant amount of points that failed to post over the past year.

From my "hockey railtrip" in late March/early April of this year (KCY-CHI-WAS-PHL/PHL-NYP/EWR-BOS/BBY-WAS/WAS-CHI/CHI-STL/STL-KWD) the only points to post were the sleeper upgrade on the WAS-CHI leg. All of the tickets (save for the STL-KWD, which was made on a separate reservation) had my AGR number noted on them. (missing points: Railpass @ $389 + CHI-WAS Roomette @ $117 + STL-KWD = 1112 points missing)

The main concern though is two trips from last fall (KCY-CHI and STL-KCY) failed to credit. On both of these, the AGR number was also on the ticket. (200 more points missing)

So, I am missing 1312 points from my total. I still have the ticket stubs and reservation numbers. Since more than 90 days have passed, the "point credit request" page won't work. I sent an e-mail several days ago to AGR via the "Contact Us" section of their website... but I have not yet received a response. Is there any hope that they will give me credit?

EDIT -corrected post to reflect 90 day window for requesting credit

Last edited by a moderator:
I logged into my AGR account the other day for the first time in ages... and I noticed that there are a significant amount of points that failed to post over the past year.
From my "hockey railtrip" in late March/early April of this year (KCY-CHI-WAS-PHL/PHL-NYP/EWR-BOS/BBY-WAS/WAS-CHI/CHI-STL/STL-KWD) the only points to post were the sleeper upgrade on the WAS-CHI leg. All of the tickets (save for the STL-KWD, which was made on a separate reservation) had my AGR number noted on them. (missing points: Railpass @ $389 + CHI-WAS Roomette @ $117 + STL-KWD = 1112 points missing)

Also, two trips from last fall (KCY-CHI and STL-KCY) failed to credit. On both of these, the AGR number was also on the ticket. (200 more points missing)

So, I am missing 1312 points from my total. I still have the ticket stubs and reservation numbers. Since more than 6 months have passed, the "point credit request" page won't work. I sent an e-mail several days ago to AGR via the "Contact Us" section of their website... but I have not yet received a response. Given that more than 6 months have passed, is there any hope that they will give me credit?
I suggest you copy all the pertinent documents, put together a tabulation of the missing points, and send it all to AGR via snail mail. Sometimes that seems to be the only way to get action. Be sure not to send any original ticket stubs - only copies.

Also use Ma Bell(or the modern equiv 3G/4G)and Call!Call!Call!When you get the usual "we value your call and will put you on hold while you listen to Barry Manilow runaround,and finally get an agent, ask for a Supervisor or evena Mgr.

Wont hurt to follow up with more calls etc. etc.I do have one question,does a Rail Pass qualify for AGR points and bonus points,I havent seen this one before?

Well... I did get a response... but the e-mail was VERY vague.

On Mon, Aug 24, 2009 at 3:28 PM, Amtrak Guest Rewards <[email protected]> wrote:
Dear Mr. Hertling

Thank you for contacting the Amtrak Guest Rewards Service Center.

Please call us at 800.307.5000 Monday - Friday from 8 am - 8 pm EST if

you have further questions or concerns regarding your Amtrak Guest

Rewards account.

Regards,

Brigit M

Amtrak Guest Rewards
They didn't give any indication of whether the points will be credited or not. I will keep hounding them by e-mail and phone until I get some sort of resolution.

Back