Portland Metropolitan Lounge

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

trainman74

Conductor
Does the Metropolitan Lounge at PDX close with the departure of the EB, or does it stay open later than that? I'm asking on behalf of someone who'll be arriving on the northbound CS and might have to wait for a ride.

Don't know about the lounge, but according to Amtrak, the station itself is open until 9:15 PM. The CS arrives about 3:40 PM, so it's a good chance the lounge will still be open.

Yes, as an SP member you can use any lounge (though at NYP they gave me a hard time about it a couple hours after I got in-the agent apparently forgot that I was a card-carrying SP member. All was fine after I showed him my card again...)

Had no idea that Portland had a lounge. Are business class passengers on the Cascades allowed?
I don't believe so. In BOS/NYP/PHL/WAS the business class pax on the NE regional are not allowed into the Club Acela.
Not unless you have some other method to gain entry, like a same day sleeper ticket, AGR loung coupon, or you're a Select Plus member.

Don't know about the lounge, but according to Amtrak, the station itself is open until 9:15 PM. The CS arrives about 3:40 PM, so it's a good chance the lounge will still be open.
I'm not exactly sure of the hours, but the Lounge is mainly for the connecting sleeper passengers between the EB and CS or the CS and EB. Since the northbound CS arrives at 3:40 and the eastbound EB departs (IIRC) at 4:45, it will be open until at least then!
smile.gif

It opens at either 9AM or 10AM, I can't recall which. We took the Cascades out at 8:30AM, and it was not open. The baggage guy took us on a tour of the station the night before, and we got to check it out for a few minutes. Nice guy.

I'm bumping this thread from last year because I happened to be researching this very same question for a trip this summer.

This thread came up first on Google when I searched for "portland metropolitan lounge hours."

Anyhow, a precise answer never appeared here, but I did find on the Amtrak website that the hours for the Metropolitan Lounge at

PDX are 9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. daily. This would cover the arrival and departure of both long-distance trains that serve PDX, but don't

expect to hang out in the lounge if you're catching the first or last few Cascades departures.

Thanks for the update -- although as it turned out, the CS my friends were on didn't arrive until after 5:00 P.M. anyway, due to hitting a vehicle at a grade crossing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back