Power outage Nec

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
PSEG transmission line across the tracks. Due to high winds. No busing and maybe resolved by 22:00
The line came down at the substation between Metuchen and Metropark, Piotr and I passed by there on Acela around 6:20pm. I then passed it going in the opposite direction on NJT around 6:50pm. By then there were several PSE&G folks there track-side looking very worried and scratching their heads. Later the cable that was worrying them came down and blew away the catenary with it. Standing at PJC we saw a Catenary Maintenance car go by and soon after that the announcement about temporary shutdown came through. At which a point a bunch of us negotiated an acceptable deal with a cab to get us to Metropark and we took off in the cab.

Last edited by a moderator:
Standing at PJC we saw a Catenary Maintenance car go by and soon after that the announcement about temporary shutdown came through.
Thankfully Amtrak had the foresight to position a Catenary Maintenance vehicle in Philly just for this emergency. :) They covered up the positioning movement by pretending to make it part of the equipment display. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ps. Mom and I were on the same Acela in FC. Too bad I didn't know that you guys were in BC. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
This put a damper on my 3X point run to WIL! :angry:

I was planning to go down there and catch #66 back from there, but with a connection time of <40 minutes and 1 1/2 hour delays. I stayed at PHL until midnight! ;)

By the time #66 ran thru, there were no delays!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back