Praise report form not working?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AmarilloByMornin

Train Attendant
I made a trip from FTW to SJC 2 weeks ago and returned exactly the reverse a few days ago. I was lucky to have very good SCAs on all trains! Maybe not so much lucky because since 1993 I've only had a couple of mediocre ones.

This evening I went to file praise reports for all of them and got stuck on the first one - the 'Submit' button went nowhere. Is it their problem or mine?

I'm going to make all reports and print them to PDF before I forget their names so I can somehow send their commendations.

I've run into an issue submitting commendations after past trips, most recently in 2019. I typed in my comments but then found I couldn't hit submit because, it turned out, my message was too long...except they didn't tell me that was the issue, and I ended up figuring it out on my own. I then reported that as a bug in the website, but from what I've read elsewhere on these forums about Amtrak IT it wouldn't surprise me if it was never fixed. If it won't let you submit even a very short comment, though, then it may be a new issue rather than the one I encountered.

Amtrak IT is angry that they are getting so many criticisms on this site and too many of the onboard crew are getting praises on the Amtrak site so they decided to fix that problem. The executives felt the same way so supported their decision. However, they did promise to fix it "in September" so by late next year, it should be back to normal. :):)

Back