Price Drop - cancel/rebook... or price match ??

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BLNT

Service Attendant
So - I've got an autotrain trip coming up in a couple of weeks. The bedroom was something like $1250 at the time of booking a few weeks back (upgraded from coach). Now it's $7xx.

Will they price match?

If not, is it possible to get (with all that's going on) a full refund to my credit card, and then simply rebook?

ps --- I have this feeling that, by a couple more weeks of govt ramping things up, there may not be flights or rail service... no telling!

What travel date is that for?
I just checked my booking - no change as of now.

3/27 - price is back up again. Seems to be lowest in the morning. Never seen it fluctuate like the in the past.

You're STILL going ???????

Well, I'm still booked.

That doesn't mean we'll actually make the trip. That's TBD !

I've seen priority offload pop on/off as options on that date too. So people are cancelling (obviously), and either others are booking or, more likely, people that already booked have taken advantage of that and decided to reduce their wait (and time in the crowd).

I wish we knew how to get a better fare. We plan to travel to East Glacier the middle of August and back. The bedroom fare from PHL-GPK and back comes up at a whopping $5,800. Been following the fare since January and the bedrooms seem to be anchored at the highest bucket. Don't mind paying half that fare but $5,800 for a trip to Glacier is out of the question. If the fare does not relax a bit we will need to cancel the trip. We are 5 months out at this point but no relief in sight.

I wish we knew how to get a better fare. We plan to travel to East Glacier the middle of August and back. The bedroom fare from PHL-GPK and back comes up at a whopping $5,800. Been following the fare since January and the bedrooms seem to be anchored at the highest bucket. Don't mind paying half that fare but $5,800 for a trip to Glacier is out of the question. If the fare does not relax a bit we will need to cancel the trip. We are 5 months out at this point but no relief in sight.
Wow - yeah that's pretty steep!
I have lots of time to watch mine, and haven't even determined the return leg yet.
I'm hoping for a dip in the N-Bound $$ in Feb. 2021
Good Luck!

Wow - yeah that's pretty steep!
I have lots of time to watch mine, and haven't even determined the return leg yet.
I'm hoping for a dip in the N-Bound $$ in Feb. 2021
Good Luck!
Wow! o_OThat's Premier Canadian In Season Prices!

Last time I rode the Builder ( Seattle-Chicago) it was in a Bedroom ( 2 Persons)for $580.

Pulled the plug on our RT Autotrain trip next Friday. Cancelled that and one in June, August, and December.

Nearly $5k going back to the credit card.

Oh well...

Not to hijack the thread but if anyone is interested in how this turned out. By following the fare we were able to able to book a one way bedroom trip PHL-WAS-CHI-GPK $651 and $749 . Fares started to drop 5 months out but the choice of train 27 (vs 7) made a big difference in price. Our return trip was booked GPK (train 28) -CHI- then CHI-PHL (train 50) on points. I guess the point is to just keep an eye on fares.

Back