Problems Transferring Continental miles to Amtrak

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kal-tex

Train Attendant
I have accumulated some Continental miles that I want to transfer to Amtrak before the end-of-the-year deadline. Searching the Continental site, it appears that I have to use Points.com to do this. Is that correct?

I went to the Points.com site and registered both accounts: Continental and AGR. When I tried to execute the transfer, AGR does not show up as one of the valid recipients. When I looked at my AGR registration, it had only "BUY" highligted as a possible transaction. Sounds to me that something in my AGR profile is messed up - right? How do I go about getting this fixed? I had some trouble about a year ago when I tried to purchase points for several family members. At that time, I was able to complete three purchase transactions, but it would not accept a fourth. When I called AGR, they told me that I should contact my creidt card company, but when I did so, I was told that there was no problem on their end. Called AGR back, but got no help. When I tried this year to purchase points before the September 30 bonus deadline, I again was not able to complete the transaction for my AGR account. Is there some computer expert on the AGR staff that could help me with these problems?

HELP!!!!

I have accumulated some Continental miles that I want to transfer to Amtrak before the end-of-the-year deadline. Searching the Continental site, it appears that I have to use Points.com to do this. Is that correct?

I went to the Points.com site and registered both accounts: Continental and AGR. When I tried to execute the transfer, AGR does not show up as one of the valid recipients. When I looked at my AGR registration, it had only "BUY" highligted as a possible transaction. Sounds to me that something in my AGR profile is messed up - right? How do I go about getting this fixed? I had some trouble about a year ago when I tried to purchase points for several family members. At that time, I was able to complete three purchase transactions, but it would not accept a fourth. When I called AGR, they told me that I should contact my creidt card company, but when I did so, I was told that there was no problem on their end. Called AGR back, but got no help. When I tried this year to purchase points before the September 30 bonus deadline, I again was not able to complete the transaction for my AGR account. Is there some computer expert on the AGR staff that could help me with these problems?

HELP!!!!
You cannot make the CO-Amtrak transfer on-line. You have to call the OnePass service center, speak to a customer service rep, and set up the transfer that way.

Monday - Friday 6:30 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. Central Time

There is also a toll-free number that I do not know offhand, but if you have a cell or land line with flat rate service, it doesn't matter.

HELP!!!!
CALL- 800-554-5522

Have both your CO & Amtrak Acct #s.

Back