Progress?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd be curious what inflation-adjusted fares the passengers in the top photo were paying then. Not that it explains all of the changes, but last time I checked inflation-adjusted airfares (at least in the US) are much lower than in the 1970s.

Maybe progress will not always be as expected! :D

View attachment 23856
Heh, heh, I'd like to see what happens in the upper picture when the plane hits some serious turbulence, and all that yummy gourmet food is splattered all over those well-dressed travelers.

At least today, in a similar scenario, all you get is some pretzels flying in your face, and maybe some Coke stains. A good reason to always order Sprite. :)

Heh, heh, I'd like to see what happens in the upper picture when the plane hits some serious turbulence, and all that yummy gourmet food is splattered all over those well-dressed travelers.

I once flew on a very bumpy Piedmont Airlines flight from DAY to BOS and dinner was served. The entree was Vegetable Soup. That was quite a challenge to eat without getting the soup on me rather than within me.

Back