Question about 2-segment Amtrak trip

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amy1277

Train Attendant
AU Supporting Member
Hi! I am currently booked on a trip in September that consists of 2 train segments, KIN-NYP then NYP-ORL. When I booked, Amtrak automatically put me on the 10:41am Northeast Regional 161. I am wondering if there is an easy way to switch that segment to the earlier 9:40am Northeast Regional 99, to allow for more time at NYP in between? I have 1 hr 20m “layover” (or whatever it’s called in the train world) and I feel like that’s cutting it close off the first train is delayed. Am I being paranoid? 😂🤷‍♀️
I can't see a way to modify just one segment of the trip in the app.
Obviously I know I can call and ask them but I first wanted to check if any of you experts had any tips or advice.
Thank you!

Hi! I am currently booked on a trip in September that consists of 2 train segments, KIN-NYP then NYP-ORL. When I booked, Amtrak automatically put me on the 10:41am Northeast Regional 161. I am wondering if there is an easy way to switch that segment to the earlier 9:40am Northeast Regional 99, to allow for more time at NYP in between? I have 1 hr 20m “layover” (or whatever it’s called in the train world) and I feel like that’s cutting it close off the first train is delayed. Am I being paranoid? 😂🤷‍♀️
I can't see a way to modify just one segment of the trip in the app.
Obviously I know I can call and ask them but I first wanted to check if any of you experts had any tips or advice.
Thank you!
I would call them

Back