Question about Business Class on Amtrak Illinois Service

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LinPhil

Train Attendant
Has anyone rode Business Class on the Illinois Service trains recently? Other than the better seat, AGR Points, and lounge access in Chicago are there any other benefits? Do you still get free drinks? Is it worth a $65 Upgrade for 4 people? Since they are capping sales at 50% I would assume there is more room in Business Class than Coach since the cabin in smaller? Thanks!

Has anyone rode Business Class on the Illinois Service trains recently? Other than the better seat, AGR Points, and lounge access in Chicago are there any other benefits? Do you still get free drinks? Is it worth a $65 Upgrade for 4 people? Since they are capping sales at 50% I would assume there is more room in Business Class than Coach since the cabin in smaller? Thanks!

Which train are you looking at the Quincy train, the St. Louis Trains, or the Carbondale trains? They have been running Superliners on the Carbondale trains lately which have a poor hard product compared to the St. Louis trains which are running the normal cars.

As of the moment they are running the Superliners on both trains and the seats are exactly the same. I can't guarantee they won't change them prior to your ride. But as of the current moment in time.

Back