Question about delayed Silver Star of 10/24

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

railpost

Service Attendant
The Star left Camden South Carolina at one hour and 3 minutes late and it arrived at the next stop (Columbia South Carolina) at 3 hours and 29 minutes late). All that I was able to find out so far is that there were "Switch Problems".
losing 2 and a half hours due to "switch problems" is alot of time to lose.

The Star left Camden South Carolina at one hour and 3 minutes late and it arrived at the next stop (Columbia South Carolina) at 3 hours and 29 minutes late). All that I was able to find out so far is that there were "Switch Problems".
losing 2 and a half hours due to "switch problems" is alot of time to lose.
Well, if it took CSX that long to fix the switch that is the way it is. Were you looking for details of what was wrong with the switch? It would be fortuitious if anyone is here that knows such details.

Switch problems can really gum up the works. A bad snow storm and cold snap a few years ago in the SC/GA area froze up switches and resulted in several hour delays to multiple trains. My boss at work was on a 10 hour late meteor as a result of that weather. If I recall during that same period a Meteor baggage car derailed when a switch broke backing into Savannah station I think an individual on here was on that train.

Back