Question about LSL dining

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JLC

Train Attendant
With the Lake Shore Limited leaving Chicago at 9:30 PM and arriving Buffalo-Depew at 8:46 AM, what meals would be included with a roomette? Coming back, we would board the train at Albany-Rennselear at 7:05 PM and arrive in Chicago at 9:50 AM. What meals would be included then? Thanks for your input!

PVD hit it on the head. Only breakfast to BUF, but dinner and breakfast from ALB. Been there, done that. I had breakfast with an online friend that boarded at BUF a couple weeks ago and I regularly book the NYP section sleeper to be away from the train horns and previously, to get a good full-service diner and breakfast (even diner lite). The contemporary dining stuff is bad news in my book. I won't eat that garbage!

They had a offer of a nightcap drink when leaving Chicago last week. One free drink is included with your sleeper ticket.

Otherwise it is as stated.

Chicago to Buffalo is breakfast.
Albany to Chicago is dinner and breakfast.

The food is eatable, but nothing to write home about.

Thanks everyone! It's about what I thought it would be, but it's nice to have confirmation.

PVD hit it on the head. Only breakfast to BUF, but dinner and breakfast from ALB. Been there, done that. I had breakfast with an online friend that boarded at BUF a couple weeks ago and I regularly book the NYP section sleeper to be away from the train horns and previously, to get a good full-service diner and breakfast (even diner lite). The contemporary dining stuff is bad news in my book. I won't eat that garbage!

If you’re referring to me, I boarded in SYR not in BUF (yeah nitpicky I know) I did have a good enough time visiting with you that I really didn’t pay much attention to the food. :)

With the Lake Shore Limited leaving Chicago at 9:30 PM and arriving Buffalo-Depew at 8:46 AM, what meals would be included with a roomette? Coming back, we would board the train at Albany-Rennselear at 7:05 PM and arrive in Chicago at 9:50 AM. What meals would be included then? Thanks for your input!

Amtrak does not really serve meals on the Lake Shore Limited any more. Just assume that you have to bring your own food.

If you want candy, they serve some and call it "breakfast"

Back