Question about routing from WTH to AUS

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ATXEagle

Service Attendant
Hey -

Those of you more familiar with the intricacies of Amtrak's reservation system might be able to help me understand something.

I'm looking at booking a roomette award from Winter Haven (WTH) to Austin (AUS) leaving on December 31st.

The only routing offered by Amtrak.com connects in Washington. WTH-WAS on the Meteor, WAS-CHI on the Capitol Limited, and then CHI-AUS on the Texas Eagle. I have taken the Capitol Limited many times, and I'd rather take the Meteor to NYP, and then the Lakeshore Limited to CHI before taking the Eagle on down to Austin.

If I try to book WTH to CHI I am given the option through NYP. If I try to book NYP to AUS, I am given the connection through CHI. Why won't it let me book the whole routing?

I know that I could book it as a multi-city trip, but that isn't possible if I am trying to redeem a two-zone roomette award.

Does anybody know why it won't let me route through NYP?

Thanks!

Mark

You indicated that Amtrak.com showed this routing; since you want to book an AGR 2 zone award you need to CALL AGR, lately some members are having trouble booking what some of the agents consider "Custom" routings. I would try this first, then ask for a Supervisor, as we say you can always call back and try again if you get a stubborn or unknowledgable agent !(some of them have even been known to make stuff up on the spot! :eek: ) Since it's a 2 zone trip involving three trains I see no reason why they shouldnt let you book it your way, there is nop problem with connections so go for it! ;)

I agree - you have to call AGR any way to book a roomette!

Sometime they allow customized bookings. I did one last month! I wanted to go from CBS to PLB. The site gave a CBS-CHI-SDY-PLB routing - with a 23 hour layover in SDY!
ohmy.gif
The agent worked a CBS-CHI-WAS-NYP-PLB routing so I had a same day connection!
smile.gif

If that agent will not do it, either politely hang up and try another agent or ask for a supervisor.
wink.gif

Back