question about Sunset Limited

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
hi again,

sorry, but in regards to the Sunset Limited, do you then not see this bridge at all going west to east? (since it's night). Thanks

Scott

Scott, I would not say that you do NOT see it for sure, it depends on the daylight time vs standard time, whether the train is on time(which I suppose it can be). Further, I THINK the bridge he is referring to us is before the train arrives in New Orleans, not after, so yes it is possible.

scott said:
hi again, sorry, but in regards to the Sunset Limited, do you then not see this bridge at all going west to east? (since it's night). Thanks

Scott
you can see the view off the bridge but not as much. When we were eastbound, it was night like I said, and I didn't know we were on it until I woke up early in the AM like 130am or something, and I looked down and there was a Walmart! It didn't click that we were on the Huey P Long bridge until we got off it.

We were running LATE as usual, we got into NOL at 2.30am!

Going west you have a better chance of seeing everything, you go thru there I think about mid-day. I spotted that Walmart, saw guys doing roof repair....looked down on horses, one of my favorite animals, we stopped on the downside of the bridge and took pics of all over.

While at fuel stop few years a go, I asked a chef for a permission to see the kitchen from the platform. Most of them are stainless steel. They're not too bad to cook food and washing dishes.

You've probably seen the movie, Under Seige 2 where an actor is showing a chef on how to batter the cake mix. That is in the kitchen.

I've seen "Under Seige 2" aswell. Those cars were built by Colorado Railcar (and as Miami Joe has told us the cars suck and probably should only be used in movies) and resemble the Santa Fe High-Levels. Here's a photo:

seige1alg.jpg

Indeed the eastbound Sunset train P-002 is OFTEN late and passengers end up getting bussed from New Orleans east. Sadly, as mentioned, the eastern half of the trip is probably the better sites. The westbound trip from Orlando is the better bet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back