Quick Question About Bookings

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Acela150

Super Buff
So a quick question about bookings for the future.

I need to go to Boston in January. I have to go to a court hearing in the custody case for my girls. The hearing is the day after MLK Day. 66 isn't an option as the hearing is at 9 and I don't trust 66 to be on time. If with a 90 minute buffer at the Route. So my plan is to go up on MLK day. Currently Amtrak.com doesn't show the Sunday schedule. Obviously. The last time I went to RTE on MLK day I didn't get a changed rest until I think 2 weeks in advance. I figure if I book this week I can clearly get a decent price. I have one small issue. I'm looking at taking 2248. 9:39am departure from PHL. M-F their isn't a 930 hour departure to BOS. 830 and 1030. So I'll book the cheaper option which will most likely be the 1030 departure.

Question is when Amtrak fixes ARROW with the proper schedule, will Amtrak bump me to 2248 or will I need to call them to have it fixed?

TIA,

Steve

If there is still a 1030 departure, Amtrak would not likely move you on their own volition to an earlier departure. So methinks you would have to call them to request a change.

I would book the low fare now. I think when the holiday schedule gets released, Amtrak will switch you to another train.

Back