Rail Pass unavailable...

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caravanman

Engineer
Earlier today, I suggested a USA rail pass to someone contemplating a long circular trip.
I tried to buy a rail pass, just as an experiment, and although the option is still on the Amtrak site, it does not connect through to buy one. Not a massive surprise, given the Covid-19 issues, and the reduction from daily frequency over much of the long distance network.

Earlier today, I suggested a USA rail pass to someone contemplating a long circular trip.
I tried to buy a rail pass, just as an experiment, and although the option is still on the Amtrak site, it does not connect through to buy one. Not a massive surprise, given the Covid-19 issues, and the reduction from daily frequency over much of the long distance network.
Since the Number Seats available for Rail Pass Holders is Limited, I would think that with the current 50% Quata on Coach Seats in effect, Rail Passes will not be available till LD Trains return to Daily Service!

Back