Reached Select in September, never received new card/lounge coupons

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FreeskierInVT

Lead Service Attendant
Hey all,

I reached Select status on September 14th, and soon after I received an email with the standard electronic coupons (two free one-class upgrades and two 10% off coupons), but I also thought I'd be receiving a kit in the mail with a new card and Acela lounge coupons. 3-1/2 months later, and I never received anything in the mail. I just called AGR and they said I'll be receiving my initial kit in February with the replacements that others get, and that I wouldn't have received anything from qualifying in September.

Is this accurate? I would have thought that qualifying in September would be enough time before the replacements are sent out in Feb. to get a kit with new card and coupons.

I renewed Select in October and I haven't received a new kit either. Just the on line stuff that expires in March. Two questions: Does the 10 percent off coupon off regular adult fare? I already have 15 percent using the senior fare. Does the upgrade coupon apply from a regional to an acela? I wish I would get the day pass to the Metrpolitan/Acela lounges. That;s the benefit I enjoy most asides from getting 25 percent additional points for traveling.

The 10% off coupons wouldn't apply on top of my student advantage discount, so I'm using them for last minute trips (like one in October on the Ethan Allen). I'm not sure about the senior fare since that is handled a bit differently

I renewed Select in October and I haven't received a new kit either. Just the on line stuff that expires in March. Two questions: Does the 10 percent off coupon off regular adult fare? I already have 15 percent using the senior fare. Does the upgrade coupon apply from a regional to an acela? I wish I would get the day pass to the Metrpolitan/Acela lounges. That;s the benefit I enjoy most asides from getting 25 percent additional points for traveling.
I think getting a mid year welcome kit is a one-time thing, such as making Select for the first time or a higher tier for the first time.

I'm also thinking the OP doesn't get another set of coupons when the packet is available.

FWIW, I reached Select in October and I got my kit late November/early December. That was the first time I made select, too.

Last edited by a moderator:
FWIW, I reached Select in October and I got my kit late November/early December. That was the first time I made select, too.
Was that for 2014 or a different year? Since this was my first time reaching select I thought I'd get a packet in this kind of timeframe.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back