Received Chase AGR renewed card good thru August 2018

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shelzp

Lead Service Attendant
AU Supporting Member
I'm pleased because my renewed AGR card from Chase showed up today with the 'good thru' date showing 2018. I realize things can still change but I'm happy about it right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
At present AGR is the only non-chip card that I have. Everything else has gotten converted to chip. According to a conversation I had with an account rep at Chase the chip cards are ready to use with a PIN. Some additional stuff needs to be set up in the backend for that to work. Apparently they are shooting for early next year for those changes. Don;t know the veracity of this info though.

At least Chase is still issuing replacement cards. We know there is a new agreement in the works, and that it might end up being with just about any of a number of banks, maybe even Chase again. But until that happens, at least we get to keep using the same card we already have, and getting points for it! Keeps me happy up to a point, but...

I am still hoping to receive one, just one chip card. I will be taking three different credit cards with me to France in just three weeks. None of them have been replaced with a chip card yet. Hoping they are usable across the pond.

:unsure:

If Chase is not issuing chip AGR cards this close to the October deadline it likely means Chase doesn't expect it have AGR much longer.

At least Chase is still issuing replacement cards. We know there is a new agreement in the works, and that it might end up being with just about any of a number of banks, maybe even Chase again. But until that happens, at least we get to keep using the same card we already have, and getting points for it! Keeps me happy up to a point, but...

I am still hoping to receive one, just one chip card. I will be taking three different credit cards with me to France in just three weeks. None of them have been replaced with a chip card yet. Hoping they are usable across the pond.

I used several cards without chips across the bigger pond (South Pacufic) last year with no problems, although in many instances I had to tell the shopkeeper first that I was using a chip-less card before the bill was rung up.

I used several cards without chips across the bigger pond (South Pacufic) last year with no problems, although in many instances I had to tell the shopkeeper first that I was using a chip-less card before the bill was rung up.
Western Europe has been moving toward cards with chip + pin for years now. Which means that trying to use outdated insecure cards from the US can be a genuine challenge. What this has to do with some random location in Australasia is lost on me.

Back