Redcap at PVD today

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

amamba

Engineer
Someone mentioned redcaps at RTE on a recent post. I boarded 195 and I noted a redcap at PVD this morning. She was helping guests up in the station by the baggage window, and then she took a customer down to the platform and put her bags into 195 for her.

I've been to PVD many times and never noticed one before. I will have to ask my H if they are there for the morning rush on Monday. There are three trains within about a 10 minute span (SB acela, SB regional, and 66).

Also note I saw a female redcap. I can't say I have seen many (any?) female redcaps. I wanted to give her a fist bump for being a redcap. :)

Theres at least one at PHL. She went to RC from Gate Agent. I understand why to an extent. Although I haven't seen her in a while.
There are a few female red caps in Washington DC too. In the Station Customer Service department employees can be an usher one day and and a red cap the next and vice versa if on the extra board.

We had a lady redcap at Union Station LA recently. She was a hoot! Such a fun personality!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back