Redeeming points for more than one zone.

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larry H.

Conductor
Hi, I don't generally get on this part of the forum, but I have a question.

A friend is taking a trip through two zones the end of september. He has over 60.000 points. He called guest rewards to book the trip and they insisted that his points could only be used on one zone. That is not what I have generally understood. He questioned the woman several times that he thought this was not correct but she insisted it was.. So who is correct here? He said he talked with the Guest Rewards persons.

Larry

Either the Agent was Wrong or Misunderstood your friend, or else your friend wanted to book a Trip Requiring More Points than he has Available??

Under the new redemption Rates announced on April 1st of this year, the following Number of Points were Required for an AGR Award in a Sleeping Car: (One Way ONly)

Roomettes: 1 Zone= 15,000 Points

2 Zones= 20,000 "

3 Zones= 35,000 "

Bedrooms: 1 Zone = 25,000 Points

2 Zones= 40,000 "

3 Zones= 60,000 "

As was said,These Rates are for a ONE WAY Trip, Double them for a Roundtrip, so perhaps your friend wanted to book a Roundtrip in a Bedroom and thus Doesnt have enough AGR Points???

I'd say have him call back and speak with another Agent, if there is problems he can ask for a Supervisor to assist!

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree that the agent was wrong. Otherwise they would not have rates for 2 or 3 zones.

Or maybe as Jim said, maybe one segment was not available on the dates he wanted to travel. Maybe the 1st segment was available, but not the second segment starting on the 20th. If he is flexible with dates, maybe they're both available on the 19th or 21st!

If all else fails, ask to speak with a Supervisor!

Back