I got 2 for a 5 segment redemption I made last week. A week ago, their computers were incredibly slow.
On 4/22, after waiting more than 30 minutes on the AGR phone line, I gave up and booked each segment individually as it's impossible to book a multi-segment trip online with points (unless they are hiding the 'use points' button somewhere I haven't found on the MS booking page). I received no confirmations via email until 5-6 hours later. The last of them arrived 8-9 hours later! So then I have to wonder...I did 5 separate redemptions. Where are my 2 other useless emails?
I think the Amtrak website is getting progressively worse instead of better as they claim. Using my Android cell phone, changing seat assignements on the Acela only brings up the first row or two of seats. The rest of the entire train is blank. So I tried via my Windows desktop computer...it shows the cars OK, but it only allows one (1) seat to be changed, not 2 as I and a friend are traveling together desipite my indicating and paying for 2 travelers on that reservation. I had no choice but to call AGR to get it swtiched. Obviously, they must like paying people to answer the phone rather than getting their website fixed!
I got six - probably for redemptions over the past few months. No points were missing, but out of an abundance of caution I changed my password and enabled 2FA (via email, since they don't appear to support software or hardware tokens.)
So glad that this is under discussion, I’m new to the site. I received 2 emails a couple of days apart. I thought they were phishing emails so went to the official website to check my balance. However, the site wanted me to change my password. I ended up calling Guest Rewards. The agent confirmed that it was just a glitch in the Amtrak system. When I asked about the website asking me to change my password he thought that it might be a related/another glitch. I’m going to see if I can get in without changing. Thanks for starting this discussion.
Funny (unrelated) story. The computer system at work started adding [Non-DoD Source] to the beginning of the subject line of all emails that originate... outside the DoD...
Dumb, but mostly harmless. However, that sort of thing is proliferated to all sorts of garbage being added to subject lines, occasionally even more than one, so now we get garbage like: [URL Verdict: Neutral][Non-DoD Source], or my personal favorite [TRUSTED SENDER], which is... "just what I would expect a phishing operation to say"...
I can neither confirm nor deny that I may or may not have added things like [TOTALLY LEGIT EMAIL, I'M DEFINATELY NOT A SCAMMER] to the subject line of some emails that I send when I'm feeling particularly obstinate.