Redemption Email

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

printman2000

Engineer
Just got two emails from AGR saying my redemption was successful. I have not done anything and my AGR account online shows nothing.
Anyone else get an email?

I got 2 for a 5 segment redemption I made last week. A week ago, their computers were incredibly slow.

On 4/22, after waiting more than 30 minutes on the AGR phone line, I gave up and booked each segment individually as it's impossible to book a multi-segment trip online with points (unless they are hiding the 'use points' button somewhere I haven't found on the MS booking page). I received no confirmations via email until 5-6 hours later. The last of them arrived 8-9 hours later! So then I have to wonder...I did 5 separate redemptions. Where are my 2 other useless emails?

I think the Amtrak website is getting progressively worse instead of better as they claim. Using my Android cell phone, changing seat assignements on the Acela only brings up the first row or two of seats. The rest of the entire train is blank. So I tried via my Windows desktop computer...it shows the cars OK, but it only allows one (1) seat to be changed, not 2 as I and a friend are traveling together desipite my indicating and paying for 2 travelers on that reservation. I had no choice but to call AGR to get it swtiched. Obviously, they must like paying people to answer the phone rather than getting their website fixed!

I received one email and my account seems to be OK. I have a large upcoming redemption in October.

Got a pair of emails with the above subject line this evening, matching up nicely with a pair of redemptions I made...

... last October.

Did the "Centre of Excellence" strike again with emails from over 6 months ago? No recent transactions on my account, points balance looks correct.

Received three redemption e-mails here too. Logged in and saw no suspicious activity in the transaction history. I suspect the phone lines will be busy tomorrow.

I got 16 emails in the course of five hours saying the same thing. What redemption? Another Amtrak glitch,obviously.

So glad that this is under discussion, I’m new to the site. I received 2 emails a couple of days apart. I thought they were phishing emails so went to the official website to check my balance. However, the site wanted me to change my password. I ended up calling Guest Rewards. The agent confirmed that it was just a glitch in the Amtrak system. When I asked about the website asking me to change my password he thought that it might be a related/another glitch. I’m going to see if I can get in without changing. Thanks for starting this discussion.

That's just what I would expect a phishing operation to say. :cool:

Funny (unrelated) story. The computer system at work started adding [Non-DoD Source] to the beginning of the subject line of all emails that originate... outside the DoD...

Dumb, but mostly harmless. However, that sort of thing is proliferated to all sorts of garbage being added to subject lines, occasionally even more than one, so now we get garbage like: [URL Verdict: Neutral][Non-DoD Source], or my personal favorite [TRUSTED SENDER], which is... "just what I would expect a phishing operation to say"...

I can neither confirm nor deny that I may or may not have added things like [TOTALLY LEGIT EMAIL, I'M DEFINATELY NOT A SCAMMER] to the subject line of some emails that I send when I'm feeling particularly obstinate.

Back