Redemption Email

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The computer system at work started adding [Non-DoD Source] to the beginning of the subject line of all emails that originate... outside the DoD...
This is common at universities these days as well. Makes it difficult when a department uses an email service to send campus event emails or something else harmless.

Then again...any competent IT department would ban using third-party email services, so I give up 🤣

I also didn't get any redemption emails.

Another tech blunder from Amtrak... call center was flooded with folks waiting on hold to find out what's going on. Couldn't get through. Glad that they at least sent out the 'disregard' message.

Other recent glitches included the 2nd factor authentication glitch.

What a waste of time and energy... Amtrak excels in that area!

From my experience in IT, you can get great programmers and lousy programmers. (I think I was somewhere in between). At my last job, we thought one of the guys was doing great work...until he left he we started covering for his applications. The one I covered, he apparently did quick manual fixes to solve the users issue and never bothered to go back and solve the coding issue. This was an application used once a year and in a short time frame. I ended up having to do those quick manual fixes too, but I also did quick code fixes and documented the other code fixes that would need to be done before the following year rolled around.
Looks like Amtrak is having problems finding, like everyone else, good candidates for their IT dept.

Is Amtrak competitive with salary and benefits??? Work force shortage... hmmm...

Amtrak needs to do a better job of connecting all the dots!
There is also the issue of corporate culture as well as salary. Good IT folks have options. They don't have to stay in jobs with lousy work cultures.

Somehow, I don't see Amtrak IT as having a great environment. They likely drive any people with options out ...

Back