rental cars

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
N

novice

Does anyone know what rental car agencies are available from Denver's Union Station? Can I take care of renting the car at the station or do I have to go elsewhere? Thank you.

I don't know if there are any car rental agencies actually at the station, someone else may know the answer to that.

I can tell you that Amtrak partners with Hertz, and Denver is one of the stations in that partnership. In this case though Hertz in not actually in the station, you simply call them when you arrive and they will pick you up in a shuttle and take you to the actual rental location to pick up your car.

From the Hertz website:

This is for the Denver-Downtown location which would be the closest location to Amtrak.

Hours of Operation: Mo-Fr 0700-1800, Sa 0700-1600, Su 0700-1400

Telephone: 303 297-9400

Address: 2001 Welton Street

Railroad- Meets Amtrak reservations during regular business hours. Pickup service is available, customer must call upon arrival.

Pick Up/Return Service

Available with a one hour advance notice and within 15 minutes from the Hertz Local Edition location. Contact the location to arrange for Pick Up service.

This is the information for the Amtrak Station Location:

Address: 1701 Wynkoop

Telephone: 303-297-9400

Hours of Operation: Mo-Fr 0700-1800, Sa 0700-1600, Su 0700-1400

RENTAL SERVICES PROVIDED BY:

Denver Downtown, 2001 Welton

There is not a Hertz counter at the station. Please call 303-297-9400, upon arrival to make arrangements for pickup service.

For other companies you might want to check their websites for Downtown Denver locations.

Hope this helps.

Also, if you are a Hertz Gold member, and you arrive late, the local Denver desk will arrange after-hours pick-ups and drop-offs through a nearby hotel, which can check your ID and driver's license.

Well in some cases the computer says that they will pick you up and bring you to the actual rental location. This is what I was told when I rented from Hertz in Charleston a few weeks ago. When I arrived I found the yellow Hertz phone, they said to take a cab to the airport and I would be reimbursed. So when you arrive in Denver look for the yellow Hertz phone on the wall and they will give you instructions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back