ReRoute of CZ #5/#6 Oct. 1/2/3

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

Bob Dylan

Conductor
Per a post on trainorders, #5 and #6 will be Rerouted due to track work on the BNSF Line on Sat. Oct.1/Sun Oct. 2/Mon Oct.3. #5 and #6 will run non-stop between CHI and OMA on the UP Line. There will be Bustituitions :rolleyes: for the stops between OMA and CHI as far as GBB, no alternate Transportation will be provided for Princeton and Naperville. :eek:

If Im not mistaken some of our members may be riding #5 heading West this weekend, wondering if Amtrak has notified anyone?? :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:

AlanB

Conductor
Honored Member
I just hope that running on the UP doesn't cause delays, we don't need that!

bretton88

Conductor
I just hope that running on the UP doesn't cause delays, we don't need that!
The longest part has been waiting for the pilot, sometimes it isn't there in a timely manner, otherwise it is faster than the current route (all double track, 70mph). They should have tried to work out an arrangement with the UP to run the CZ over it for the last 6 months, it wasnt affected by the flooding.

AlanB

Conductor
Honored Member
They should have tried to work out an arrangement with the UP to run the CZ over it for the last 6 months, it wasnt affected by the flooding.
I'm sure that there was lots of alternate traffic on that line, which would have bogged Amtrak down there too. And then there is the expense of the pilots.

HotlantaAl

Train Attendant
Is this why there has been Service Disruptions for the past 2 days for CZ #6?