Reserving a Silver Meteor Viewliner II Sleeper

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A video that was posted on Facebook today showed a VII in the xx10 position, VI in xx11, and VII in xx12.
On this video it has a VII in what I assume is the xx11 and xx12. Seems like xx12 always has a VII.

Overall it seems that the last sleeper is always a VII

Thanks for the video. It still looks like being in the xx12 car is a good bet to get the Viewliner II. I will report back next month after my trip.

My sleeper is a Viewliner 1, named Croton River. The last sleeper is named “Rivanna River” and is a 65000 series. I believe that’s a 2? Mine has a 62000 number.

Attachments

• 404DCAF8-8841-4EB6-9C64-04CDFC8FB9B3.jpeg
    404DCAF8-8841-4EB6-9C64-04CDFC8FB9B3.jpeg
    106.5 KB · Views: 26
My sleeper is a Viewliner 1, named Croton River. The last sleeper is named “Rivanna River” and is a 65000 series. I believe that’s a 2? Mine has a 62000 number.
Correct, that is a Viewliner 2. All Viewliner 2's are in that paint scheme.

Viewliner 1's are in this paint scheme: 1614302599603.png

The Viewliner I's are numbered 62000-62049. The Viewliner II Sleepers are in the number series 62500-62524.

OP here and I am currently on the Metror in the 9812 car. It is a Viewliner II and it is very nice. I especially like the sinks in the room and the bathroom. No more spraying water all over the place. Only downside is WiFi has not yet been installed on the new car. The other sleepers as well as the dining car and the cafe have wifi working. By the way 9810 and 9811 are both Viewliner I cars.

OP here and I am currently on the Metror in the 9812 car. It is a Viewliner II and it is very nice. I especially like the sinks in the room and the bathroom. No more spraying water all over the place. Only downside is WiFi has not yet been installed on the new car. The other sleepers as well as the dining car and the cafe have wifi working. By the way 9810 and 9811 are both Viewliner I cars.
Great! I wish we could get all of our sleepers to be on par with them..

Can you get pictures of the roomette and bedroom?

Dropping a deuce in a viewliner roomette could be uncomfortable if your traveling with someone your not real familiar with, otherwise its convenient in certain situations. Suggest closing curtains while stopped at a station.

Our unwritten rule is that the traveling companion goes for a walk, when the toilet needs to be used in this manor. Go look out the hallway windows across from the bedrooms. Go look out the vestibule door/windows.

I try to take my shower while we're stopped at a station. This is way I am not bumping from wall to wall in the shower stall. :eek:

Our unwritten rule is that the traveling companion goes for a walk, when the toilet needs to be used in this manor. Go look out the hallway windows across from the bedrooms. Go look out the vestibule door/windows.
Yea, I'm still not excited for that part of the viewliner experience this summer. I doubt they will have put Viewliner II's on the Cardinal

Yea, I'm still not excited for that part of the viewliner experience this summer. I doubt they will have put Viewliner II's on the Cardinal
We're getting two roomettes on the Cardinal across from each other for a June trip to the west because of this - and the fact that we can both sleep in lower beds. Cheaper than 1 bedroom.

We're getting two roomettes on the Cardinal across from each other for a June trip to the west because of this - and the fact that we can both sleep in lower beds. Cheaper than 1 bedroom.
Yea, this trip is on a budget or else I would've liked to get a bedroom. Oh well.

Congrats! Glad you got a II car. I’m looking forward to riding in one in the future as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back