Revised fare receipt

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Barciur

OBS Chief
Hello

I have a trip booked far in advance, paid for nearly 2 months ago and just received a new receipt for it.. was a little nervous, went into it and it doesn't seem like it changed at all - but it was revised.

This is what the e-mail looks like:

Image removed for privacy

Any idea what this might signify? Has anyone ever come across something like this?

Last edited by a moderator:
Was there a eTicket also? Maybe that's where any changes were made (maybe a slight time change). I'm guessing you paid with points for 97 since it shows $0

Well, I apologize! I couldn't delete my post, but I just found out the possible reason. I checked the eticket and the time of arrival changed from 6:55 to 6:39. I bet that's the reason. Anyway, probably answered my own question!

No, I didn't pay with points. For some reason, receipts show roomettes as 0, but the actual roomette price is in "1 unreserved coach seat". ISIC railfare is the railfare -10%, unreserved coach seat is the actual price of the roomette.

Apparently, there have been some minor schedule changes on 92 and 97. I received 3 emails this afternoon.

I received five (5) emails of changes in my upcoming reservations. I did not see any changes

in the departure times, car number or sleeper number or letter.

I received five (5) emails of changes in my upcoming reservations. I did not see any changes

in the departure times, car number or sleeper number or letter.
I noticed different departure/arrival times for 92 and different arrival times for 97.

As long as Amtrak doesn't start robocalling me for changes of a few minutes. Perhaps an arrival or departure time changed for an intermediate stop and this has caused the problem.

About 5 years ago I had booked an international trip on Continental Airlines way in advance and the departure and arrival times kept changing, generally by a matter of minutes. The airline in response kept robocalling me to remind me to confirm. I was living in Colorado (also the origin of the ticket) but they were clearly basing these phone calls on the local time of my New York cell phone twice I was woken up by the phone calls around 7:30am MT (9:30 ET).

AFAIR you could choose what means was to be used for notifications. I had selected text which worked and still works much better than getting random calls at random times. Of course now you can select any flight for notification. I usually subscribe to the flight that I am booked on and the flight on which the aircraft is coming in, a piece of info that United provides in flight status.

I received another email today regarding a trip on 98 in July with a new e-ticket. I also received a phone call from Julie just now about a trip I am taking on 98/97 in April informing me of the minor time changes.

I also got e-mails about changes to my upcoming trip on 97. It appears that it will now arrive in Orlando at 12:44 pm instead of 12:55 pm. No change in the 7:30 pm departure from WAS, so it must be making faster progress somewhere along the way. I noticed that Amtrak has not changed the timetables on its website yet.

So here's my question - can I still use the e-ticket that I already printed out, or will there be an issue if the conductor tries to scan the old ticket instead of this new one?

I received another telephone call from Julie saying the same thing as the previous call. I think the reason for the 2 calls is because my reservation was for a round trip and both segments had time changes. As best as I can determine, it appears that the new Silver schedules start on April 6th.

This is particularly interesting considering when i talked to the folks at the station in Savannah about the new timetable, they said that it wouldn't be changing anyway.

POSTED IN TWO PLACES FOR CONVENIENCE...

The more I look at this, the wonkier it gets. The Meteor actually slows down this weekend, then speeds back up on the 12th. It goes from 26:46 tomorrow to 27:09 on Friday back to 26:46 on 3/29 then 26:32 on 4/6. On an interesting note, both Silvers are sold out from MIA to NYP on 4/10. Total time savings will be only 14 minutes compared to today on the Meteor.

The Star, on the other hand, goes from 31:28 tomorrow to 31:42 this weekend, then down to 30:52 on 4/6 for a savings of 36 minutes.

The final times seem to be consistent for the foreseeable future.

INTERESTINGLY, the arrival times for the station prior, TRENTON, NJ, the times shorten by 54 minutes for the Meteor and a whopping hour and 20 minutes earlier for the Star! Both have the same start times in Miami.

All the time gain isn't on the NEC, either. In Savannah, they are scheduled to arrive 10 minutes and 14 minutes earlier than today, respectively. But in Rocky Mount, where the routes come back together, the times are almost identical to what they are today. In DC, the times are 14 and 36 minutes earlier.

I cannot fathom the baggage cars being the only reason for this schedule improvement. Any other thoughts or ideas?

The baggage cars are not any of the change, the VLI sleepers are limited to the same 110 that the outgoing bags are.
As are the Heritage Diners, and the Indianapolis too! Which type of baggage car is used is quite irrelevant at present as far as schedules go.

Aside from the Silver Service schedule changes, I got another notification from today that the Capitol Limited schedule has changed as well. It now arrives in WAS 5 minutes earlier (1:05 pm instead of 1:10 pm).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back