Road trip to Maine in the age of Corona

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is where you need to stop for lunch the next time you are in Brattleboro. They have outdoor seating at their sister property next door.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaur...Vermont_Country_Deli-Brattleboro_Vermont.html
Yeah, I know. We realized that when we passed by after having eaten lunch. Don't know why we didn't think of it. We've only passed by it for a few decades now. Nice to know they have outdoor seating, but it it weren't for Corona, I'd want to sit inside the air conditioned room, it was so hot out.

In the future, technology will make it seem like the slop we're eating is something very tasty. IE the hologram over the food that K eats in his apartment in BR 2049.

if you're coming from the West Coast and transferring in CHI this is what you'll be eating for your expensive 1st class experience... which will make you so grateful for those pancakes and syrup once you finally get there!

View attachment 18481
Oh My! What a relief to have a real delicious meal once you get there!

View attachment 18482
Yeah, well, the pancakes/waffles offered at the Residence Inn weren't worth writing home about, except that we had some of our own real maple syrup to dump on them. I mean, they were pre-cooked sealed in plastic, and you had to microwave them yourself. Like I said, in the Age of Corona, everything is like Amtrak Flex dining. Except for the stuff we cooked ourselves, this trip didn't really have any culinary high points. The only actual restaurant meal was a lunch on an outside terrace in Kingfield. Everything else was pretty much fast food/carryout.

Back