Room Number on app?

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

Chatter163

OBS Chief
My Thanksgiving trip still doesn't give the roomette numbers on the app, only "roomette." I have it on the hard-copy tickets, which I always print as a back-up.

AmHope

Train Attendant
My Thanksgiving trip still doesn't give the roomette numbers on the app, only "roomette." I have it on the hard-copy tickets, which I always print as a back-up.
I don't have a printer but I just keep the pdf saved on my phone. I like the feel of physical ticket stock though so I always print at the quik trak when there is one.

Nick Farr

OBS Chief
AU Supporter
I don't have a printer but I just keep the pdf saved on my phone. I like the feel of physical ticket stock though so I always print at the quik trak when there is one.
Have they been slowly taking away quik traks from stations?

Bob Dylan

50+ Year Amtrak Rider
I haven't seen any go missing. Unless you count SFC where the whole facility went away. It's more a matter of smaller stops never having received any in the first place.
We lost the one @ the Austin Station last year, and I haven't been on an Amtrak Train since June ( Day Trip to Temple on the Eaglete)so I'm not sure of what Stations on this Route have lost their Quik Traks during the Pandemic.

Steve4031

Engineer
AU Supporter
my room number for my Friday trip showed up on app. Not appearing for December trip in 6.

Reactions: Cal

PaulM

Engineer
Thx, found it -- one level deeper than I'd gone before. That's a lot of clicks, though. I wouldn't want to have to go thru all that while boarding. And you're right, it does say No Checked Baggage on that window.
I booked Quincy - Chicago - Washington - Tampa - St Pete/Clearwater. VIEW/SHARE DETAILS does show the room number for the two overnight trains. However all 4 segments show "No Checked Baggage". I know for a fact that all but the QCY-CHI segment have checked baggage.

Tell me that isn't a bug!

AmtrakBlue

Engineer
Gathering Team Member
I booked Quincy - Chicago - Washington - Tampa - St Pete/Clearwater. VIEW/SHARE DETAILS does show the room number for the two overnight trains. However all 4 segments show "No Checked Baggage". I know for a fact that all but the QCY-CHI segment have checked baggage.

Tell me that isn't a bug!
I’m guessing it looks at the first & last station to determine whether to show that. Since your first station does not have checked bags ..

PaulM

Engineer
I’m guessing it looks at the first & last station to determine whether to show that. Since your first station does not have checked bags ..
True, you can't check bags QCY - STP. But then why display incorrect baggage/no baggage information for each segment?

Ok, let's call it a design flaw rather than a bug.

Latest posts