Roomette perks for rides lasting only 1.5 hours?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gordonq23456

Hi all, I'm considering getting a roomette from Harpers Ferry to DC. The trip is 1.5 hours. Will I get a meal included? Will I get lounge access at the end of my trip in DC? Will I be able to use 24 hours of luggage storage in DC for $10 fee?

Hi all, I'm considering getting a roomette from Harpers Ferry to DC. The trip is 1.5 hours. Will I get a meal included? Will I get lounge access at the end of my trip in DC? Will I be able to use 24 hours of luggage storage in DC for $10 fee?
You will get Metro Lounge access @ Union Station as a "Same Day" Sleeper Passenger, and like all Passengers, you can pay to store your Luggage @ the Regular Luggage Check/Storage Room.( the Storage Closet in the Metro Lounge is Free but not for 24 Hours as the Lounge is Closed @ night)

As Joe said, no Lunch in the Diner, and the Cafe usually closes before Rockville, so eating in Union Station or in the City upon arrival is your best bet!

Unless you have special needs I don't believe that opting for a roomette for a 1.5 hr trip makes sense. A roomette seat vs a coach seat is only a few inches more in width and most likely four times the price. If you purchase a coach seat if it is available you can bid up to purchase a roomette

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back