Roomette Table Size?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have used the search tools to the best of my ability, but I have not found this (admittedly obscure) information anywhere in the forum.

Since we now are relegated to (mostly) eating in our rooms, I thought I would bring along some sort of table covering for the Viewliner fold-down table to use while dining.

I’ve used it many, many times – but never really thought about its dimensions.

I thought maybe one of you “tape measure toting” Amtrak travelers out there might have this information for me!

May be double the size of a checker board. ;)

So, may be 16 inches wide and 32 inches long, though I’m thinking it’s not that big.
I’m thinking closer to 12 x 24

If you are doing this for sanitary purposes, I think you'd be better off just wiping it down with sanitary wipes. I wouldn't cover it, unless you intend to dispose of the covering...

Nope - not sanitary purposes. If Amtrak isn’t going to make the dining pleasant - my wife and I will give it a go ourselves. I’m going to bring a couple of oversized cloths to use as a tablecloth - among other improvements. Just trying to figure out how much larger than a 20” x 20” cloth napkin I need to make it...

Nope - not sanitary purposes. If Amtrak isn’t going to make the dining pleasant - my wife and I will give it a go ourselves. I’m going to bring a couple of oversized cloths to use as a tablecloth - among other improvements. Just trying to figure out how much larger than a 20” x 20” cloth napkin I need to make it...
Are you going to also bring silverware, china, crystal glassware, a vase with fresh flowers?😁

I'm thinking something about the size of a kitchen (dish) towel except square (long dimension).
I while back, my wife and I had meal brought to our bedroom and the SCA put a (Amtrak blue) cloth napkin down on the table before he put the food and utensils out. Nice touch!

This reminds me of my first trip in an Amtrak sleeper, on the eastbound California Zephyr. I had brought cloth napkins, champagne, glassware, and candles, and we were going to request dinner in our Bedroom. But I overheard the chef talking to the conductor in the afternoon, and the diner was not going to be able to cook dinner. Arrangements were made to pick up sandwiches in Reno. The conductor happened to be in my room when the SCA was telling me about dinner, and I asked if there were any choices. "NO!" barked the SCA. But the conductor interjected that there were several choices, and we got to pick. We enjoyed our sandwiches and champagne as the sun set crossing the desert of Nevada...

I have used the search tools to the best of my ability, but I have not found this (admittedly obscure) information anywhere in the forum.

Since we now are relegated to (mostly) eating in our rooms, I thought I would bring along some sort of table covering for the Viewliner fold-down table to use while dining.

I’ve used it many, many times – but never really thought about its dimensions.

I thought maybe one of you “tape measure toting” Amtrak travelers out there might have this information for me!
I always bring a tablecloth, battery candles, flowers, and my own dishes. So fun! circlechi31.jpgcircleglenwood9.jpg

Back