Round trip Chicago to Washington on 30/29 12/23-12-25

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This was booked at the last minute. I enjoyed the train ride. As always. Good crews both ways.

The SCAs on both trips handled the flexible dining with class. I had already eaten before boarding in Chicago and had inhaled a small pizza at pizzeria Uno in Washington. So only wanted a blondie and ginger ale. Both attendants took the order and brought it back to my room with a smile. This I was able to sit with the lights out and enjoy the view.

There is a new item on the coach food list. A grilled cheese. I tried it and liked it.

On 29 there was an extra sleeper deadheading on the rear. I overheard the crew discussing that various cars were being switched out of the consist so 30 going out on 12/25 would have different cars. Hopefully they are going to be getting refurbished. Both are superliner 2 and need it badly.

This was booked at the last minute. I enjoyed the train ride. As always. Good crews both ways.

The SCAs on both trips handled the flexible dining with class. I had already eaten before boarding in Chicago and had inhaled a small pizza at pizzeria Uno in Washington. So only wanted a blondie and ginger ale. Both attendants took the order and brought it back to my room with a smile. This I was able to sit with the lights out and enjoy the view.

There is a new item on the coach food list. A grilled cheese. I tried it and liked it.

On 29 there was an extra sleeper deadheading on the rear. I overheard the crew discussing that various cars were being switched out of the consist so 30 going out on 12/25 would have different cars. Hopefully they are going to be getting refurbished. Both are superliner 2 and need it badly.
Or they’re sending car(s) to Chicago to build a consist for the Empire Builder.

Back