Royal Canadian Pacific

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Northwestern

Lead Service Attendant
AU Supporting Member
Just curious, does anyone know if the Royal Canadian Paciific is still running? I was once thinking of taking the Canadian Rockies tour but the cost is a little beyond my pocket book ( $ 14,000 for 4 days and 5 nights). I couldn't find information, on the website, if the overnights are on the train or does the train stop at various hotels and lodges along the way?

https://is.gd/ring76

I'm not sure about your question, but I read the Royal Canadian Pacific was forced to cancel trips due to the Corona virus and I don't know when they come back and at which frequency.

I don't know if you want to visit British Columbia, but if you want to, I read about another railway line in the state (apart from the Via Rail network and the West Coast Express): The Kaoham Shuttle between Lillooet and the tiny village of Seton Portage. It is a relatively short route, run by Native Americans and it seems to be quite cheap. On Facebook they said they now run twice every direction from Monday to Friday. That would be more than most Via Rail routes ;)

The problem might be how to come to Lillooet...

I'm not sure about your question, but I read the Royal Canadian Pacific was forced to cancel trips due to the Corona virus and I don't know when they come back and at which frequency.

I don't know if you want to visit British Columbia, but if you want to, I read about another railway line in the state (apart from the Via Rail network and the West Coast Express): The Kaoham Shuttle between Lillooet and the tiny village of Seton Portage. It is a relatively short route, run by Native Americans and it seems to be quite cheap. On Facebook they said they now run twice every direction from Monday to Friday. That would be more than most Via Rail routes ;)

The problem might be how to come to Lillooet...
Nice find.!😎
One small correction, Canada has Provinces, not States.

Back