Rumors from the Silver Star

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

neroden

Engineer
The SCA I talked to (not Kumar) said there are a couple of chefs based in Washington just for special moves. Probably Amtrak's best chefs, IMO.
This needs to stop. It might be a reasonable luxury if Amtrak were supplying food service to all its trains...

I'll repeat that everything I've heard indicates that Gardner is actually a railfan. Just seems like he doesn't know anything about what other customers want, or how to poll them, or about supply and demand, or about economies of scale, or about accounting, or about how to cooperate with other agencies, or [OK I'll stop now]

jis

Chief Dispatcher
Staff member
Administator
AU Supporting Member
Gathering Team Member
This needs to stop. It might be a reasonable luxury if Amtrak were supplying food service to all its trains...

I'll repeat that everything I've heard indicates that Gardner is actually a railfan. Just seems like he doesn't know anything about what other customers want, or how to poll them, or about supply and demand, or about economies of scale, or about accounting, or about how to cooperate with other agencies, or [OK I'll stop now]
Mr. Peter came to visit him sooner than expected leading to a case of premature percussive sublimation? :D (Read the Peter Principle and you will know what that means)

Amtrak709

Service Attendant

Yea--and John Mica told me personally in the late 1980's that "he" was a railfan (this was before he was elected to the House of Representatives from my district in Florida) and you see where that got us all!

Not sure why you think credit is due for a CEO waving.
I don’t know - Not being smug or superior and ignoring the railfan (as some big shot executives would?) not saying it as an excuse to any other issues many of us have with him or that it means that he’s a great CEO - merely giving him credit for being down to earth enough to wave to a rail fan - nothing more nothing less.

Last edited: