SantaFe Special in Temple,Tx

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob Dylan

50+ Year Amtrak Rider
AU Supporting Member
:hi: Tomorrow, Sat. 4/30, the Santa Fe Rail Museum in Temple,Tx will host a Rail Fest with Tours of the Museum (upstairs in the Historic Old Santa Fe Depot), Tours of their Old Equipment parked in front of the Station and Train Rides pulled by BNSF with a consist of Old restored Private Cars @ 1 and 4 PM. :wub: The Rail Fare is $45, Children under 6 are Free with proceeds Benefiting the Museum! I will ride the Eagle to/from Austin now that they are Running Normal Schedules Again :excl: , just found out about this Yesterday when I got a Late e-mail from a fellow AU member!

Last edited by a moderator:
I was thinking about going. Riding the TE to Temple to catch the private train then the TE back is a good idea.

I called the museum and they said the train would go out to Cameron, Texas and back. I would guess this is the route that used to go from Temple to Houston.

They also said they are almost sold out on tickets for the 4pm train.

The Texas Eagle is returning to scheduled service just in time for a rare mileage vintage train run out of Temple?

Sweet! Thanks for the heads up Jim!

BNSF_car_01.jpg

I was itching to do a local run while waiting for my big NEC trip to get started and now I finally have an excuse to visit Temple. OK, so maybe the length of the NEC is a tiny trip compared to the folks who travel the whole national network on a regular basis, but for me it's a big trip regardless. I don't think the 4PM ride would work for the folks heading back via the TE so I picked the 1PM. They said there were only a few tickets left so if you want one you might want to give a call quick. Would be nice to see a full train that might convince them to do this again in the future.

Back