SAV to CVS

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was considering visiting Savannah this fall for the first time. I have taken the Palmetto to Charleston a couple of times so I thought no problem. Nope! Amtrak no longer offers the thruway buses between cvs and rvr. Greyhound might get me to Richmond in time for 89 but not returning; they too have eliminated evening service. So a 10 hour trip home becomes a 25 hour trip at ~4X the cost. Even though Virginia has purchased the tracks between CVS and Richmond I doubt a train will run in my lifetime.

I was considering visiting Savannah this fall for the first time. I have taken the Palmetto to Charleston a couple of times so I thought no problem. Nope! Amtrak no longer offers the thruway buses between cvs and rvr. Greyhound might get me to Richmond in time for 89 but not returning; they too have eliminated evening service. So a 10 hour trip home becomes a 25 hour trip at ~4X the cost. Even though Virginia has purchased the tracks between CVS and Richmond I doubt a train will run in my lifetime.
Why not take a train from/to CVS? I do see a connecting bus on one of the segments that shows up when I do SAV=>CVS for Oct 12

Back