Saw a blue California Car on the Pacific Surfliner

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BCL

Engineer
Seemed to be somewhat out of place. Car #6462 - Moss Beach on #785 last night. I've ridden on plenty of them on Capitol Corridor and the San Joaquin, but of course those don't have reclining seats and the tray tables are more airline style and not those heavy ones that have to be pulled way up and out. They usually have tables, which I didn't see much on the Pacific Surfliner's version of the California cars.

Also it did get a little bit interesting as we got on a car with an open door, only for a conductor to come in to tell us that the car was going to be left behind. He did try to open the door to get us into the adjoining car, but he couldn't get the door unlocked and we had to go out and back on to other cars.

It also got a bit weird when someone asked me (sounded Italian) if he was on the right platform. He showed me the ticket and it was an even train number, and I pointed at the other platform. He just started booking it since he was probably going to be late.

Its part of the move to shift all Surfliner and some California cars to Surlfiner. The states also looking at 4 more venture sets for San Joaquin and buying 8 superliners from a 3rd party. The state gave up most of its leased cars at the start of 2020 and can't get them back.
1663353017569.png1663353057532.png

Back