Scrap or Renumber METX #210?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CSXfoamer1997

OBS Chief
So, as many of you know, someone (I won't mention her name in this thread, but some of you, especially in the Chicago area, may know who it is) is beyond obsessed with Metra Locomotive #210. As many of you may know, Metra #210 is very problematic. But to end this obsession with #210, don't y'all think Metra should scrap it or renumber it? I hear rumors it's being stripped, but I hear other rumors it's getting rebuilt. If it's getting rebuilt, I think they should renumber it.

Sounds like the OP has a problematic obsession with someone but doesn't want to mention her name?
No, no. There's someone that has this obsession with METX #210. It's a very long story, but let's just say, she preaches that she's in a spiritual marital relationship with it. A lot of railfans are fed up with it. Many are saying #210 needs to be scrapped. I decided not to mention her name on this thread, but many who are in the Chicago area may know who it is.

Last edited:
I'm puzzled. The Wikipedia entry for Metra says: "Number 210 was burned beyond financial repair after its air conditioning unit caught fire on June 13, 2019. It is currently being parted." I'm presuming that's not a typo for "painted" if the engine is "beyond financial repair" and this article shows damage well beyond a paint job. https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2019/06/14/metra-train-caught-fire-due-for-repairs-chicago/

Hasn't the "scrap or renumber" issue been resolved? ;)
And no, I'm not the obsessed person. :p

Back